COVID-19 North Carolina Visitation Update | March 10, 2021
On Thursday March 4th, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services provided a Press Release announcing the rapid decline in COVID-19 cases and the opening of some nursing facilities for indoor visitation.
Our teams will be closely monitoring the county positivity rates, practicing strict infection control procedures, and in frequent communication with state and local officials regarding each center’s ability to reopen.
- For indoor visitation, there must be no new onset COVID-19 cases in the preceding fourteen (14) days and the center must not be conducting outbreak testing.
- Outdoor visitation remains preferred, as they pose a lower risk of transmission due to increased space and airflow. Outdoor visits are allowed regardless of the center’s COVID-19 status.
- Prioritization for visitation should be considered for residents with emotional distress, or when health and well-being are exacerbated by visitation restriction.
- Facilities must limit the number of visitors through a scheduling method.
- Visitors must be screened for symptoms associated with COVID-19 prior to visit.
- Visitors must bring, and wear, proper face covering for the entire visit and remain six (6) feet from all residents and staff.
Excerpt from Press Release:
“… federal and state guidelines have additional criteria for facilities to resume indoor visitation. Medicare certified skilled-nursing facilities must meet additional criteria required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services”
Our team is dedicated to providing the best quality of life for the residents we serve. We continue taking precautions to protect our residents and staff, and we are committed to keeping you well informed about the care of your loved ones. If you have questions, concerns or comments regarding the updated guidance, please contact your facility administrator.
- NC DHHS Press Release | March 4
- CDC Myths and Facts
- CDC How to protect yourself and others
- FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)