Dear Residents, Friends, and Family Members,
On Monday September 28th, 2020, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services released Secretarial Order No. 6. This order provides state specific guidance on visitation, communal dining, and indoor activities.
As we mentioned in our previous email, CMS Memo QSO-20-39-NH was the first step to opening our doors and outdoor spaces to you. The implementation of Secretarial Order No. 6 provided the second step required to formulate our policies and procedures to offer safe and practical measures that meet the many requirements, and exceptions, of visitation.
While taking a person-centered approach and adhering to the Core Principles of COVID-19 infection prevention we are eager to welcome you back to our campus’. Although visiting under great restriction is not ideal, it is sure to provide much needed re-connection between residents and loved ones.
- Below are a few key points from DHHS to allowing visitation: For indoor visitation, there must be no new onset COVID-19 cases in the preceding fourteen (14) days and the center must not be conducting outbreak testing.
- Outdoor visitation remains preferred, as they pose a lower risk of transmission due to increased space and airflow. Outdoor visits are allowed regardless of the center’s COVID-19 status.
- Prioritization for visitation should be considered for residents with emotional distress, or when health and well-being are exacerbated by visitation restriction.
- Facilities must limit the number of visitors at one time through a scheduling method.
- Visitors must be screened for symptoms associated with COVID-19 prior to visit.
- Visitors must bring, and wear, proper face covering for the entire visit and remain six (6) feet from all residents and staff.
Our team is dedicated to providing the best quality of life for the residents we serve. We continue taking precautions to protect our residents and staff, and we are committed to keeping you well informed about the care of your loved ones. If you have questions, concerns or comments regarding the updated guidance, please contact your facility administrator.